Pages

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Frame of mind.

Going back to the days when farmville was the highlight of the day, there was facebook and nothing else. It was credited almost more than wikipedia, people stalked religously. The only place where stalkers were appreciated.
I will not deny it, I too was a stalker. When I had nothing better to do and even when I had to do everything in the world I spent numerous hours, countless days stalking random people. Going through profiles, albums, reading walls of popular people in school. It was a passion once.
Dont you think of me as a nothing-to-do-loser, it is not as bad as it sounds. We may never admit it but at the end of the day we all are stalkers and we are good at it! Some stalk other people while some stalk fame and money.
I remember how I would sit and wonder what my enemies are upto, who they talk to and what they say. It never occured to me that none of it matters as long as I am happy and in good health. It is like fire. It feeds on itself. Irritation changes to anger and anger to hatred, till a time comes when you strangle your enemy even in your thoughts.Every time you hear their name or see them, you want to punch or puke.
Pondering , I realized it was just a frame of my mind. Hate is too strong a feeling to be felt. It is for tyrants and murderers, or may be not even them. As humans we are automatically incapable of majorly hating someone to this extent, atleast mostly.
So I think I kept on telling myself that I hate them so I would not end up liking them? May be this does not make sense but now I feel we try to hate others just because we are scared of loving them or approving of them. We hate them because of  how they affect us, we never stop to analyse them as a person. We tick off all their qualities because we think we are right.
Now thinking about right and wrong. Who gets to decide this? Arent there times when we are neither right nor wrong. We are in between, neutral. Actually I think at times we are blinded by our emotions. If we do not approve of some one we may never appreciate anything good in them.
We all have secrets. We love to hide things about us that make us more appealing,mysterious. When we narrate an event, we always have a shady's factor to it. Now shady is not only me, it is every narrator! We add, we subtract according to our audience to present the best version of the event. We are masters at this, we alter an entire personality without thinking twice. We sell lies with a smile and we take down betrayers with love.
We judge others all the time and make harsh statements but when we are the spotlight, we forget. Everything disgusting and shameful to us becomes the next best thing.

There are many other things that we do, yes may be not you, well atleast not all the time ;)






2 comments:

Magdalena said...

Some stalk other people while some stalk fame and money. - I stalk both :P
I like.

Shady. said...

hahahaha.Love your honesty :)

Post a Comment